Patterns are slowly emerging around how businesses can successfully create a workplace culture where staff health and wellbeing is viewed as critical to organisational performance and sustainability.
After 19 years of working closely with businesses, we’ve landed on the following ten factors that demonstrate that a business has successfully embedded wellness into the picture alongside workplace safety:
1. Business leaders understand and believe in the power of injecting health across their business
2. Business leaders are actively involved in wellness and safety programs
3. Every staff member talks health when they talk safety
4. The company website demonstrates that staff health is as important as staff safety
5. All staff trust, know how to use, and have access to a proactive Employee Assistance Program
6. Business leaders are equipped with knowledge and skills to recognise and support staff in times of poor mental health and/or drug & alcohol dependence
7. Health banners, posters and charts are visible in high traffic areas
8. Soft drinks and high sugar foods have been replaced by healthier options in onsite vending machines, or vending machines don’t exist
9. Energetic, calm, brain foods and plenty of water are served at meetings
10. Individuals and teams are striving to create a ‘proactive’ mindset that allows them to live well, perform well and return home safe
We hope this helps your business on the journey to optimal wellness, performance and safety.