Go back ten years and business leaders were engaged almost exclusively for their ability to analyse, plan and create strategy. These remain traits of a great leader, but right now, into the corporate world sweeps a collective movement towards upskilling leaders in the art of connecting with employees across their business through vulnerability, empathy and compassion.
Previously called soft skills, a leaders capacity and willingness to engage in difficult conversations, constructive conflict and to be able to assist employees in tough times are today considered critical skills.
So that’s what R&R focuses on for all managers of people. We first encourage leaders to believe in being kind and more of an open book to their people, then we teach them how.
Leaders work with us to:
- Develop resilience that leads to dynamic leadership
- Get better at connecting with employees across their business
- Challenge themselves to be vulnerable and inclusive in pursuit of dynamic relationships
- Understand how employee wellness connects to business performance
- Better recognise and manage employees with compromised physical and mental health
- Become entertaining presenters, capable of igniting performance
Employees are looking for guidance, for inspiration and for support from their leader. That’s where the R&R team comes in.